Kali Christ • 23 • Regina • Speed Skating
Nominated by Saskatchewan Amateur Speed Skating Association
- At the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games, the top Canadian finisher placing 16th in the 1500m race, and the second best Canadian in the 1000m race finishing 21st;
- Won a gold medal at the North American Regional Qualifier 2014 in the 1500m, placed fifth in 3000m and sixth place in the 5000m;
- Won a gold medal at the World Cup Trials in the 1000m and 1500m, and placed fourth in the 3000m. Qualifying for the ISU World Cup Series;
- At the ISU World Cup Series was the top Canadian in the 1500m, placing 11th and the second best Canadian in the 1000m placing 12th;
- Finished in 10th place and was the top Canadian skater at the World Allround Speed Skating Championships, Heerenveen, Netherlands.
Jillian Gallays • 28 • Saskatoon • Wrestling
Nominated by Saskatchewan Amateur Wrestling Association
- The only Canadian medalist at the Senior World Championships winning the bronze (53kg);
- Won bronze medals at the 2014 Commonwealth Games (53kg) and the Dave Schultz International event (55k);
- Captured gold in the 53kg at both the Canadian Senior National Championships and the Austrian Ladies Open;
- Finished fourth in the 55kg at the Women's World Cup;
- Placed fifth in the 55kg at the Klippan Lady Open competition in Klippan, Sweden.
Brianne Theisen-Eaton • 25 • Humboldt • Athletics
Nominated by Saskatchewan Athletics
Claus Andersen /
- Won gold in heptathlon at the 2014 Commonwealth Games; 200m performance marked a Games Best and a new personal best for heptathlon;
- Won silver in heptathlon at the International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF) World Combined Events Challenge. Set new Athletics Canada Outdoor Senior Women's record for heptathlon and Athletics Saskatchewan records for heptathlon and high jump. Setting several personal bests in high jump, long jump, 200m and heptathlon overall;
- Finished the outdoor season ranked in first place for heptathlon with Athletics Canada and second in IAAF world rankings;
- Won silver in pentathlon at the IAAF World Indoor Championships, setting a new Athletics Canada Indoor Senior Women's record for pentathlon.