Sundown Optimist Buffalo Gals Team Calambre
Regina • Baton Twirling
Nominated by Saskatchewan Baton Twirling Association
- Represented Canada at the World Baton Twirling Federation World Championship, placing fourth out of 11 teams.
- There were 17 countries represented at the event.
- Traditionally, Canada has come in fifth at the event so finishing fourth is considered a significant accomplishment.
- Each country is allowed to send only one team if they meet scoring standards.
Team Saskatchewan Baseball • Saskatoon • Baseball
Nominated by Saskatchewan Baseball
- Won the gold medal at the Baseball Canada Cup after defeating Team British Columbia 6-1.
- Team member Brody Frerichs of Muenster received the Rawlings Top Hitter Award.
- It was the first time Saskatchewan has won the title since 1994 and the province remains one of only four provinces to have won the cup (BC, Ontario, Quebec).
University of Saskatchewan Huskies Women's Basketball Team • Saskatoon • Basketball
Nominated by University of Saskatchewan
- Defeated the Ryerson Rams 85-71 to win the Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS) Women's Basketball championship for the first time in team history.
- Won the Canada West title by defeating the University of Regina 73-62.
- During the regular season, the Huskies finished first in the Pioneer Division with an 18-2 record, starting the season on a 16-game winning streak.
- Dalyce Emmerson of the Huskies was named the CIS Championship MVP and earned an All-Star nod. Teammate Laura Dally was also named an All-Star. At the Huskies Athletics Awards, Dally was named Female Athlete of the Year, Emmerson was named All-Round Female Athlete and Lisa Thomaidis was named Coach of the Year.